Below are the full Terms and Conditions pertaining to the Winter 2016/2017 Photo Contest running in The Nanjinger magazine, in which the main prize is one family membership of Nanjing International Club.
1. This competition is open to all ordinarily resident in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China, between December 2016 and April 2017, aged 18 years or over, except for employees of SinoConnexion Limited, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. All entries must be received by 25th March, 2017.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to SinoConnexion Limited to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Only one entry per person. An entry may comprise more than one photograph. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
9. One entrant shall win a one year family membership of Nanjing International Club. Membership of NIC is restricted to foreign passport holders. In the event that a Chinese passport holder wins the competition, they shall be offered an alternate prize of approximate equal value. In the event that the competition winner has moved away from Nanjing, they shall be offered an alternate prize of approximate equal value.
10. Additional winners may be awarded prizes at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
12. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
14. SinoConnexion Limited is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of Nanjing International Club.
Promoter: SinoConnexion Limited, 4 Achonachie Rd., Marybank, Ross-shire, Highland, Scotland, IV6 7QE